Development and Communications Coordinator
The National Coalition Against Censorship seeks a Development and Communications Coordinator to work closely with the Director of Development, Director of Communications and other staff to raise funding and build awareness for NCAC, its programs and its mission.Â
NCAC has been advocating for free speech and free expression for over 45 years. A coalition of over 50 national non-profits, NCAC works closely with teachers, artists, students, parents, art institutions, writers, publishers, theaters and others to combat incidents of censorship wherever they arise, as well as offering leadership on issues of free expression. NCACâ€™s hallmark programs are the Arts Advocacy Program, Youth Free Expression Project and Kidsâ€™ Right to Read Project. NCAC works at both the grassroots and national level.
- Coordinate day-to-day operations for development and communications
- Assist in the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of current and prospective individual, corporate and foundation donors
- Daily content creation for website and social media, including writing news articles, contributing to press releases, updating resources and creating social media posts for multiple platforms
- Draft proposals, reports and other cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship materials
- Track developing free speech and censorship issues in the news and on social media
- Maintain NCACâ€™s social media voice and contribute to strategic development of communications goals
- Enter and maintain accurate and complete records for donors and donations in Salesforce
- Prepare gift acknowledgement letters and donor correspondence
- Prepare donor reports and list selections from database for mailings, appeals, communications and events using Salesforce
- Assist with the coordination of special events
- Basic website maintenance, coding skills not required
- Assist with analyzing communications and fundraising data
- Assist with print newsletter development
- Support the Development and Communications Team with other job-related duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of two years of directly related experience; excellent writing, editing, and analytic skills; excellent customer service skills; and a passion for NCACâ€™s mission. Additional essential characteristics include:
- Superb attention to detail and highly organized
- Strong written (including proofreading and editing) and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think through problems, take initiative and learn new technologies
- Familiarity with database management
- Strong computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with CRM database software, Adobe Creative Suite, WordPress and MailChimp preferred
- Experience with database software, particularly Salesforce, preferred
- Experience with social media publishing
- Sound judgment and discretion in handling and securing confidential information, as well as the ability to conduct oneself in a highly professional manner
- Ability to speak and write from NCACâ€™s perspective, in alignment with mission and goals
- Flexibility to work as part of a team or independently. Self-directed to take action and resolve issues.
- Track record as an enthusiastic, collaborative, dependable team player
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and complete tasks efficiently and accurately
- Bachelorâ€™s degree or equivalent work experience
The salary range for this position is $40,000-55,000, commensurate with experience, as well as generous health and fringe benefits.
The National Coalition Against Censorship is committed to fostering a diverse and non-discriminatory work environment as both a reflection of our values and as core to our mission. Censorship first silences those with the least access to power and we believe that a diversity of experiences, identities and opinions strengthens our advocacy and our workplace.
NCAC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to email@example.com. Please include â€śDevelopment and Communications Coordinatorâ€ť in your email subject line. No phone inquiries please.
Application closing date Monday, March 16th, 2020.
The National Coalition Against Censorship welcomes internship and work experience applications from higher education students on a rolling basis. We are sadly unable to provide stipends for interns, however we are happy to work with your school or program on third-party financial arrangements or course credit, as applicable.Â We are no longer accepting internship applications for summer 2020.Â