The National Coalition Against Censorship, an alliance of fifty-two participating organizations, is dedicated to protecting free expression and access to information by:
- Providing educational resources and advocacy support to individuals and organizations responding to incidents of censorship
- Educating and empowering the public to fight censorship
- Documenting and reporting on current censorship issues
- Expanding public awareness of the prevalence of censorship and suppression of information
- Working to influence judicial opinions about free expression and access to information by submitting amici briefs.