For a complete listing of NCAC’s resources, please see our Resources section. You will find resources for students, teachers, parents and school administrators. As always, if you see something, say something. We’re here to help however we can.
Resources on Book Adoption
- Guide on the Selection of Materials for English/Language Arts classrooms
- Students Right to Read Guideline, including guidance on developing book adoption and review procedures
Resources on Book Challenges and Review
Resources on Challenges to Science Texts
- Teaching about Evolution and the Nature of Science
An online book that includes background on the legal aspects of teaching evolution, support statements from 3 major science education organizations and lessons and background on teaching nature of science and evolution using the inquiry approach. From the National Academy of Sciences reading room.
- Florida Citizens for Science
We defend and promote good science, especially in the public school classroom. A good resource for what is happening on public education issues in Florida. Check out our blog for up to the minute news on education in Florida. http://www.flascience.org/
- National Center for Science Education
The National Center for Science Education (NCSE) defends the teaching of evolution in public schools. Resources for parents, teachers, school boards, and the general public.
- NSTA / National Science Teachers Association
Scrape together the 60 bucks or so and Join! Then immediately sign up for a list serve and you will have at your fingertips the advice of some of the best teachers in the country. Just ask anything you like! If you are overwhelmed by the number of postings, you can subscribe to a digest or have your email service take the subject line and sort those emails into their own folder to read as you have time. You will also receive a great magazine tailored to your own subject area(s)
- National Science Resources Center
Supports and trains teachers in research based science education including inquiry based science teaching. http://www.nsrconline.org/
- Florida Department of Education
- Florida State support of Standards implementation